Traveling to Mayo Clinic
Traveling to Mayo Clinic
Rochester International Airport (RST) is the closest airport to Mayo Clinic.
Patient Airfare Discounts
Patient Travel Services can assist with flight reservations to Rochester, MN (RST). Airfare discounts may be available for patients traveling to Mayo Clinic.
From here to care
When you fly into Rochester International Airport (RST), it’s easy to get from here to your medical care. In fact, you’re just minutes away. With flights to RST from hundreds of cities worldwide on American, Delta and United, you’ll land just minutes from the Clinic without the disruption of navigating from a far-away airport.
We’re here to care
Patient travelers choose RST because of the caring environment they find here. At RST, we know traveling for medical care can be overwhelming, and because we welcome so many patient travelers, we are prepared to meet your needs with genuine care.
- With a small Terminal, it is easy to locate baggage claim and ground transportation.
- A Mayo Clinic information desk is located in the Terminal lobby. Patients arriving at RST can receive Clinic and community information upon arrival.
- Skycap services are available to assist with wheelchairs and/or luggage. When you arrive, please call 507-993-8758 for Skycap services. If Skycap personnel are unavailable, please contact your airline for assistance:
- Visit the ground transportation desks in the lobby for taxi, shuttle and private sedan services.
- Rideshare services (Lyft and Uber) are allowed at RST. Signage indicates the designated pick-up area.
- Many TSA employees at RST are trained Passenger Support Specialists and will assist patients with special accommodations or alleviate concerns about the security screening process. Call TSA Cares at 855-787-2227 in advance of travel with questions about screening policies, procedures and what to expect at the security checkpoint.
- Several quiet rooms are available to travelers who need a private place to rest prior to boarding. Quiet rooms, with a recliner and private restroom, are available without reservation. Locate an open Quiet room past the security checkpoint or ask an employee for assistance.
Rochester is proud to be the home of Mayo Clinic, recognized as the 2020-21 best hospital in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
Dr. William Worrall Mayo settled in Rochester in 1863, beginning a medical practice later joined by his sons, William (Will) and Charles (Charlie). Known as innovators with a zeal for medicine, the Mayo’s pioneered a teamwork approach, asking other doctors and basic science researchers to join them in the world’s first private integrated group practice. The advantages to a “pooled resource” of knowledge and skills among doctors set Mayo apart in providing exceptional medical care, eventually influencing the structure and function of medical practice throughout the world.
The Mayo Brothers established the first airport in Rochester in 1928 as the new way for patients to travel for medical care. Today the Rochester International Airport is still managed by the Rochester Airport Company, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mayo Clinic.
Today Mayo is renowned not only for technologically advanced medicine, but also for its commitment to individual care, based on the guiding principle, “The best interest of the patient is the only interest to be considered.” Mayo Clinic’s longstanding practice of teamwork in medicine is carried out today by more than 65,000 doctors, nurses, scientists, students and allied health staff at Mayo Clinic locations in the Midwest, Arizona and Florida.