- The airport's history begins in 1928, when it was originally founded in Southeast Rochester by Drs. William and Charles Mayo.
- The airport resided on 285 acres and was owned and operated by the Mayo Foundation.
- Airfield officially dedicated as 'Rochester Airport'.
- Rochester Airport Company founded as a subsidiary of the Mayo Foundation.
- Rochester Airport Company improved the facility with paved runways.
- 85 additional acres were acquired to bring total land to 370 acres.
- Mayo Foundation gave the airport to the City of Rochester because as a private corporation, Mayo was not eligible for Federal Grants for airport improvements.
- Rochester Airport Company continued to operate the airport under an operating agreement with the City of Rochester.
- Airport was officially named 'Lobb Field'.
- The Airport was moved to its present location and called 'Rochester Municipal Airport'.
- Airport is renamed ‘Rochester International Airport’ with the addition of a U.S. Customs facility.
- The Airport is located on approximately 2,400 acres of land
- 3 major air carriers with scheduled daily service, American Airlines, United Airlines and Delta Air Lines.
- 1 major cargo carrier with scheduled services, Federal Express
- Continued growth with on-airport development, including an Industrial park and Business park
- The Rochester Airport Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Mayo Clinic – Rochester, continues to operate the airport for the City of Rochester