Tours at Rochester International Airport
To see how the Airport works, the Rochester International Airport (RST) now offers prearranged tours of the facility. Tours of the Rochester International Airport are designed to provide a practical link to a students academic study of transportation and careers in aviation. Upon completion of the tour, students will better understand the role an airport and aviation plays in the community, as well as the wide range of careers related to aviation.
- Tours are available to students in grades 1-12, and to any group interested in knowing more about the Rochester International Airport. Tours are tailored to each age group.
- Tours are given on Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Advance reservations are required. Special times may be arranged depending on the availability of airport staff.
- Tours last approximately 1 to 2 hours, depending upon student/group interests and questions.
- One adult must accompany every five (5) children.
- Tours can accommodate groups of up to 20 people, maximum. Larger groups may be required to split into different tour groups.
- Students are expected to stay close together in a group and promptly follow the instructions of the Tour Leader/Speaker.
- RST is accessible to all physical abilities, but please let us know if you need any special arrangements.
A typical tour can include a variety of the following:
- A history of the Rochester International Airport
- Learning about the route of a typical departing or arriving passenger through the Terminal Building
- Security Checkpoint and the role of a Transportation Security Administration (TSA) representative
- Public Safety and Security and the roles these areas perform
- Airline Ticket Counters and the role of an airline Customer Service Representative
- A visit to the Airport Fire Department to observe the firefighting equipment and the roles the firefighters perform daily with airport emergencies
- A visit to the Operations building to observe all the different aspects of snow equipment and the jobs that each piece of equipment performs
- A visit to the flight school with a ground tour of parked aircraft
Tours of the Air Traffic Control Tower (ATCT) are not typically included in airport tours.
Airport Tours are weather-dependent. Scheduled tours may be cancelled at any time based on current conditions.
To request an airport tour, please complete the form below and a member of airport management will get back to you as soon as possible.