Rochester International Airport Announces Call for Artists
Rochester International Airport (RST) in partnership with Greater Rochester Arts and Cultural Trust is launching a call for artists and accepting submissions for consideration in the Arts Elevated program showcasing local and regional artists within the main terminal.
Artists can submit works of art using CaFE for consideration between November 6 and December 3. Selected art will be displayed beginning in January 2024. Arts Elevated will showcase artists within the main terminal. Artwork will be available for purchase with a commission paid to the artists.
The Arts Elevated program is an opportunity to provide an enhanced airport experience, lift spirits and provide comfort and care to customers through the dynamic showcasing of MN and regional artists. “Now in its fifth installment, the Arts Elevated program enhances the passenger experience and is a creative welcome and cultural touchpoint to our community,” said RST Executive Director John Reed. “The showcasing of artists contributes to the Arts Elevated mission of enhancing sense of place and connection to our local community through a visual experience,” said Judy Hickey, chief executive officer, Greater Rochester Arts & Cultural Trust. “Arts Elevated is an impactful and collaborative program for everyone involved.”
The Arts Elevated Advisory Committee will jury the artwork and select artists to display at the Rochester International Airport for an eleven-month period. Artwork will be available for purchase during that time. Artists may submit up to 3 submissions, but all media must be two-dimensional and professionally framed and ready for hanging. Subject matter is open to all content but should have a MN feel based upon the surveying of travelers.
Arts Elevated Eligibility and Entry Fees
This exhibition is open to all MN and regional artists. There is NO entry application fee charged for this call. Entries are to be submitted online to Greater Rochester Arts & Cultural Trust. Artists interested in submitting work with questions should contact Judy Hickey at Greater Rochester Arts & Cultural Trust.
- 2D original artwork of any media is acceptable
- An artist may submit up to 3 submissions in high-res jpeg format
- Each submission will be juried independently
- Images should be full detail
- The subject matter is open, but a survey of travelers has indicated that preference is for local and MN subject matter
- Works of art may not exceed 48" tall and 48" wide
- The artwork must be professionally presented and be ready for secure installation
- Framed pieces must be equipped with stretched wire; sawtooth hangers and unframed work will not be accepted; artwork without a wire will not be displayed; the one framing exception is Arts Elevated will consider paintings with gallery wrap (finished) edges
- Professional hanging may require a hanging bracket on the top center of the frame to prevent angling out from the wall. If selected, more information will be provided
- Due to legal concerns, shipping acceptance and return is not available. The artist will need to drop off and pick up the artwork at the Rochester International Airport
Artwork should have title, artist name, medium, dimensions, and price included.
About the Greater Rochester Arts and Cultural Trust
The mission of the Greater Rochester Arts and Cultural Trust is to enrich the greater Rochester area by ensuring the continued celebration, promotion and advocacy of the arts and humanities. Programs and services include Dancing for the Arts (benefiting youth arts education), public art (Goose is Loose! and Life's a Bench!), The Fete/Ardee Awards (celebrating excellence in the Arts) and connecting resources for arts-related matters. For more information visit rochartstrust.org.