The Rochester International Airport is closely monitoring developments related to COVID-19 and will continue working with local, state and federal partners as guidance evolves.
- The airport is currently operational. Nearly all airport operations are deemed essential and will continue operating through the duration of Governor Walz' Stay Home MN order.
- Enhanced cleaning measures are in place throughout the terminal building and hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes are available for passenger and employee use in all areas.
- The restaurant has temporarily closed in the terminal. Please plan ahead to bring snacks and a water container to refill if you choose. We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to a reopening of the restaurant as normal operations resume.
- The TSA Checkpoint may close for periods of time during the day to allow for social distancing and additional cleaning measures. The checkpoint will always reopen with sufficient time for travelers to clear security and get to the gate areas prior to scheduled flights.
- The parking lot is currently a fully-automated operation. Cash will only be accepted at the pay station in the terminal building. Credit cards can be used at any entrance/exit. Please use the intercom for assistance if needed.
All airlines serving RST are publishing travel notices related to COVID-19. All airlines have been and will continue to adjust flight schedules based on demand. For most recent airline updates, please visit:
The CDC continues to release information related to travel and risk assessments by area. For updates, please visit:
TSA will now allow hand sanitizer up to 12 oz in carry-on baggage until further notice. It is suggested you do not place loose items into the security bins at the checkpoint but place those items within your carry-on baggage for screening. For more information from the TSA, please visit:
Mayo Clinic has helpful information available about COVID-19 and steps for prevention. To learn more, please visit: