Throughout the course of the 18-month planning study, there will be many opportunities for community involvement and input. As RST is recognized as an essential transportation and economic development asset for the region, we want to hear from you—the community members and other stakeholders—on your thoughts and ideas regarding RST’s future.
Public Information Meetings
RST will offer a variety of opportunities to ask questions and provide input. We anticipate holding three public information meetings as shown on the project schedule. We will also update the content regularly on these project webpages and we invite you to send us your feedback at any time via email to email@example.com. We will also communicate about project progress via our quarterly newsletter and social media channels.
As public information meetings are scheduled, you will find information about the dates, times, locations and topics of those meetings on this page.
Master Plan Community Input Committee
To help engage the community, we have developed a Master Plan Community Input Committee that will meet five times during the project. The Community Input Committee is made up of a variety of airport interest groups, tenants, local government representatives, and community and regional stakeholder groups, and will be more closely involved in the project than the public at large. The Community Input Committee will provide feedback on draft work products prepared by the Airport’s consultant team during the process of formulating the plan’s ultimate recommendations.
The Community Input Committee serves several important functions including:
- Representing a broad range of stakeholder groups
- Receiving information about the project and sharing it with constituencies
- Providing input to the project as the voice of key stakeholders
- In some cases, providing technical advice to the project team
The committee is made up of representatives from the following entities:
- Airport Commission
- City of Rochester
- Rochester Airport Company
- Rochester-Olmsted Planning Department
- Rochester-Olmsted Council of Governments (ROCOG)
- Signature Flight Support
- Great Planes Aviation
- Hangar Owners
- General Aviation
- Mayo Medical Lab
- Mayo Medical Transport
- Destination Medical Center (DMC)
- Experience Minnesota’s Rochester
- City of Stewartville
- High Forest Township
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Dakota-Minnesota Airports District Office
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Air Traffic Control
- MnDOT District 6
- MnDOT Aeronautics
Meeting materials and other documents associated with the Community Input Committee can be found on the Documents and Links page.