AIRPORT ID BADGING
In accordance with Transportation Security Administration regulations and directives, all individuals who require unescorted access onto any secured portion of Rochester International Airport are required to be in possession of an airport issued identification and access badge.
Identification and access badges can be obtained by performing the following steps:
RST Badge Application Instructions
2. Call Nancy Curry in Airport Administration (507-282-2328 ext. 100) and schedule an appointment to submit your application
3. Submit the completed application, along with either 1) a US Passport OR 2) A driver’s license and a) social security card or b) birth certificate, to the Airport Operations office on your scheduled date and time. The Airport Operations office is located adjacent to the Air Traffic Control Tower, directly north of the passenger terminal. Enter the Airport Operations office through the large, glass entry.
4. With the exception of t-hangar and privately owned hangar tenants, you are required to have the “Authorized Signer Information” of the application prior to submitting your application to Airport Operations. Any application that does not contain Authorized Signer information will not be processed.
5. Once the results of any Criminal History Records Check (for Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) badge) or Security Threat Assessment (for Aircraft Operations Area (AOA) badge) are received Airport Administration will contact you to schedule a training date and time.
6. Once training is completed you will receive your RST issued airport identification and access badge.
*If you require a SIDA badge you must schedule a date and time to be fingerprinted prior to submitting your badge application. Please schedule fingerprinting by calling Nancy Curry at (507) 282-2328. Walk-in fingerprinting will not be conducted.
All airport issued identification media expire every 2 years. Approximately 2-3 months prior to the expiration date you will receive a notice to renew. Once you receive this notice you will need to download and submit pages 1 and 2 of the RST Badge Application. You do not have to attend training again for the renewal process.
If you have any questions concerning the ID badging process please contact Brian Thompson, Airport Operations Director, at (507) 282-2328 extension 104 or Nancy Curry, Administrative Assistant, at (507) 282-2328 extension 100.