Airport Finance Manager
Work Site MN – Rochester Airport Company
Airport Administration Salary: Exempt (Confidential)
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Airport Finance Manager helps direct daily business operations and financial activities related to the Airport. Responsibilities include general administrative, accounting, capital improvement projects, lease and concession agreements and budget coordination. Works cooperatively with a variety of customers and tenants within and outside the Airport. As a representative of the Rochester Airport Company conducts all activities in a courteous and professional manner.
The following duties are not intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by this position. Duties that are shown are representative of the work to be performed. Employees may not be required to perform all of the duties and may be required to perform additional duties as requested.
An Airport Finance Manager:
- Responsible for accounting functions to include accounts payable, accounts receivable, collections, petty cash and supports preparation of the annual budget;
- Responsible for disadvantaged business enterprise program, federal grant accounting, passenger facility charge accounting;
- Manage and oversee Airport payroll functions;
- Assists in the preparation, entry, and reporting of the Airport’s operating and capital improvement budgets;
- Participates in the preparation of requests for proposals/quotations, leases, and concessions agreements to ensure compliance with airport goals and objectives;
- Responsible for supervising general purchasing activities;
- Coordinates with City Finance staff in preparing the annual Airport budget and monthly financial reports;
- Serves as primary liaison with independent auditors;
- Prepares financial and operational reports that reflect variety of airport activities:; airline, aircraft operations, rental car, parking lot, fuel sales, etc.;
- Assist with lease management and compliance and response to inquiries from staff, tenants, and general public;
- Assists in preparation for or related to the annual report and financial audit;
- Maintains records and generates reports on various airport issues related to financial performance metrics;
- Works independently and initiates judgment in handling questions, phone calls, etc.
- Responsible for developing a consolidated financial accounting system for the airport.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting/ Governmental Accounting Principles
- Ability to interpret financial reports and records and to analyze financial data and determine appropriate accounting methods for control and reporting purposes
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, officials, outside agencies, and the public;
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality;
- Ability to research and prepare information and supporting data in preparation for meetings, work projects, and reports;
- Ability to effectively manage change and work within a rapidly changing work environment;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, analyze situations, be decisive and exercise solid judgment;
- Demonstrated reliability in attendance and flexibility to work hours;
Training and Experience:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. accounting, finance, management ) from an accredited college/university or a minimum of three (3) years of related airport experience;
- Requires accounting experience – accounting software experience is also preferred;
- Must have computer experience and possess proficiency on technical office equipment (computer, printer, dictation equipment, phone system, fax machine, etc.);
- Ability to use and interpret accounting terminology;
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills and demonstrate good decision-making and judgment as well as attention to detail and follow-through.
- Preferred typing skill of 60 wpm.
Licenses and Certificates:
- Minnesota Class “D” driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a criminal history check and obtain and maintain federally mandated security clearance for working at an airport
- Must be able to show proof of U.S. Citizenship or possess a valid U.S. Government issued work visa
Benefit Eligible Yes
Exemption Status Exempt
Hours/Pay Period 80/ Full Time
Qualified candidates must mail or email a cover letter, resume and references to:
Rochester International Airport
Attn: Airport Finance Manager Position
7600 Helgerson Drive SW
Rochester, MN 55902
Resumes will not be accepted in person and must be received by 5:00pm on 02/26/2016.
The Rochester International Airport, operated by the Rochester Airport Company, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mayo Clinic, is an equal opportunity employer. The Rochester Airport Company offers competitive wages, excellent benefits and the opportunity for advancement.
|Feb 9, 2016
||Feb 26, 2016